This article may reference Continental Mapping, GISinc, or TSG Solutions. These three legacy companies merged in January 2021 to form a new geospatial leader.
As a new web developer, utilizing tutorials is a great way to get some code up and running. But how do you progress your tutorial code into an application that implements a modern web application architecture?
As a Geospatial professional utilizing spatial technology in a custom web application, the developer documentation will only get you so far. Developers must connect the dots between various sets of documentation. This video is a quick dive into connecting the dots between a basic map tutorial and a basic modern web application tutorial.
- Methodology – Angular’s Modules, Components, & Services approach
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – Microsoft’s Visual Studio Code
Below are general developer web sites referenced in the video
- ESRI Developer Portal - https://developers.arcgis.com/
- Angular Developer Portal - https://angular.io/
- Visual Studio Code - https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Angular Setup - https://angular.io/guide/setup-local
We hope this tutorial has provided some value to you! If you ever need additional help, don't hesitate to reach out to the GISinc team.