This article may reference Continental Mapping, GISinc, or TSG Solutions. These three legacy companies merged in January 2021 to form a new geospatial leader.
Yesterday kicked off Day 1 of the 2021 Esri DevSummit. While our team is truly missing the trip to Palm Springs, we've thankfully been able to register more of our developers than usual.
What cool things did you miss? In no particular order...
- ArcGIS Platform - ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Online make up the ArcGIS Platform, but now with Platform as a Service (PaaS), people can access those three mechanisms via PaaS without purchasing individually.
- How to build apps using ArcGIS Platform and leverage design system
- Use Arcade Expressions to return modified data sets (MIND BLOWING)
- Being able to see ground 3D, subsurface 3D in the same display
- Mars viewer available in which you can drop in another map for comparison - like the Grand Canyon!
- Gaming engine and gaming world visualization (e.g., drone view)
- Ways to extend ArcGIS and embed ArcGIS
- Extended reality - augmented, rich, or virtual. Positional accuracy is key.
- Removal of ArcMap-based runtime from ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcMap being sunsetted in 2026)
- Architecting the ArcGIS System: Best Practices eBook
- Kubernetes management and containerization
Listen to our VLOG for more information:
*NOTE: Our video processor had a virtual jet lag--must have gone to Palm Springs after all--so free to consume this VLOG podcast style as the video will lag slightly behind the speakers
We hope this DevSummit recap has provided some value to you! If you ever need development help, don't hesitate to reach out to the GISinc team.
P.S. Did you miss Day 2 as well? Read the Esri DevSummit 2021 - Day 2 Recap!