Last month we published a blog post announcing the Esri ArcGIS User Seminars that had been announced. As a platinum partner of Esri, we serve the Esri community by staying up to date with the latest and greatest.
After attending regional workshops last week, Wendy Peloquin and John Hansen thought it'd be worthwhile to share just what content was being covered. If you find you'd benefit from learning more in one of these areas, consider attending a workshop for yourself as a warm-up for the Esri UC this year.
Theme: Amplify Your GIS
This year Esri is focusing on helping users amplify their GIS and is providing afternoon training workshops for mobile solutions. Throughout the Seminar, Esri highlighted new functionality across the platform and provided valuable resources for organizations looking to implement best practices and a geospatial strategy.
- ArcGIS Hub
- ArcGIS Insights
- ArcGIS Indoors
- NEW Story Maps
- 3D Mapping/Geodesign
- Smart Cities
After lunch, Esri Solution Engineers held a workshop to showcase free apps that can be used in the field such as Navigator, Collector, and Survey123.
What Gets Us Excited?
- Survey123 Feature Report Templates – create reports for each feature and not just a summary report of surveys.
- ArcGIS Pro Find and Replace – exactly what it sounds like, find text and replace it. The attribute table and labels are updated immediately.
- ArcGIS Pro Edit Text Box Vertices – by editing the vertices, the text box can take ANY shape, you are no longer stuck in a square or rectangle box.
- Export Map to AIX – these maps are saved as an Adobe Illustrator format, making it easier for them to be used for further design processes.
- ArcGIS Online Configure Popups – you can now edit the text directly in the pop-up and no longer have to go back and forth with the settings.
Verdict? Worth It.
The Esri ArcGIS User Seminars were a great opportunity for Esri Customers to connect with Esri Account Managers, but it was also an amazing outlet to connect with others in the GIS field who are facing similar challenges.
Don’t worry if you are unable to attend or there is not a Seminar near you this year, Esri will be posting a recording and the presentation after the series is completed.
We hope Esri will continue offering these sessions in the future. It's nice to get out of the office every now and then.
Keep on, keepin' on Esri.
Keep us in mind for any future GIS services you might need. GISinc offers Jumpstarts, Support Blocks, Discovery Workshops and more to help you, wherever you are on your ArcGIS journey.