Every year on September 25, comic book readers, collectors, lovers and fans participate in National Comic Book Day. The artform weaves intricate designs using all the elements of text, dialogue, personalities, color and imagery to form storylines that over time have distinguished eras, artists, genres and themes.
Did You Know?
- People who collect comic books are known as a pannapictagraphist.
- In 1933, a comic book, Famous Funnies, appeared in the United States and is believed to be the first real comic book.
- The term “comic book” comes from the first book sold as a book reprinted of humor comic strips.
- Despite their name, comic books are not all humorous in tone and feature stories in all genres.
- Comics as a print medium have existed in America since the printing of The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck in 1842
Read more "National Day" Story Maps here.