It’s hard to believe the 2014 Esri UC is already upon us… time flies!
While the UC is a great event to reconnect with colleagues and indulge in the latest GIS technology, there is an even greater opportunity to do research on solutions for the Federal sector’s biggest challenges and network with those who are working toward similar goals. This is where we find the sweet spot of tackling big challenges while networking with new and old friends.
So what are some of the tough nuts that we’re trying to crack for our Federal clients?
- Migrating large enterprise GIS to a cloud environment
- Effectively integrating Portal for ArcGIS into existing enterprise architectures.
- Creating a new mission/business application paradigm with the Web Application Builder and Portal
- Adding value to legacy data and data of record through integration with enterprise GIS applications
- Increasing Availability and Performance of Large Imagery Stores
- Deploying secure mission critical cross platform and mobile solutions using responsive design
- Leveraging AGOL for Federal and Local government collaboration
- Integration of UAV technology into GIS support operations
- Positioning enterprise GIS as a fundamental tool required to take on the big Federal initiatives and challenges (i.e. BRAC, Energy, et)
- Integration of 3D data and capabilities into existing and future solutions
While it’s tempting to start with technology, we’ve learned over the years that successfully taking on these problems often boils down to people and relationships… whether it’s the client, their stakeholders, partners, or our employees… it’s all about working together toward a common goal… and nothing is more rewarding than when we succeed together.
See anything on the list that interests you? What big challenges are you working on? What big challenges are we missing out on?
Give us a shout or pay us a visit at booth number 2317 if you’d like to chat about your big challenge… we’d love to hear from you.